Experience : 0 - 5 Years
Location: Bangalore, Pune
Salary: 2.4- 5 LPA
- Storage & SAN fundamentals
- Fiber Channel and ISCSI technology
- HP Storage Product – Online & Nearline
- At least one Operating system
- 2-4 Years hands-on experience in Service & Support on Backup/Nearline products, mainly HP enterprise level libraries, Physical Tape Libraries, Virtual libraries, Disk to Disk Backup systems, OS, Backup Software, MSL, ESL, ESL-E, VLS, D2D Gen2, B6200 etc.
- Working through complex problems which may involve Switch, SAN or Library components and require a holistic troubleshooting approach.
- 1-2 years of Field support experience preferred.
- Experience with SAN and Switched SCSI environments, Should have exposure to basic Storage concepts like RAID, SAN, NAS.
- Experience in supporting at least 2 OS in a clustered SAN centric environment.
- Experience on using HPs L&TT Tools for diagnosing, Firmware upgrades, Testing of Tape Libraries, and Library management tools like CV-TL, CV-VLS
- Experience in supporting tape drive technologies including DLT, SDLT, LTO1 to LTO5
- General knowledge of SAN Infrastructure, Blade environment, Virtual Connect, ProLiant Servers, SAN concepts, connectivity of Nearline products & solutions in SAN, Ethernet & Direct attached environment, SAN associated products including Secure Path, Business Copy, Persistent Storage Manager, Virtual Replicator.
- General knowledge of networking concepts and iSCSI protocol.
- Knowledge & understanding of Storage arrays - EVA, MSA, NAS, XP Storage.
- Provide Remote Storage Hardware & Software support to MC Customers, Field CE's, Escalation Engineers, Reseller/VAR as well as L1 Engineers, Diagnose and solve the Incidents/Issues via phone and email.
- Candidate should perform the Problem resolution, Interface with Onsite Engineers, Account Support Managers, Escalation and Elevation management
- Understanding criticality of issue and business impact by demonstrating mission-critical mindset & working to identify the cause of the issue in the shortest/quickest path.
- Provide immediate technical response and expertise in the restoration of customer High availability environments.
- Applying systematic problem-solving techniques, high-quality call documentation, and a superior can-do attitude.
- Develop and document clear action plans to resolve issues even where information may be limited.
- Be fully aware of the business impact of ongoing issues and thus keep customers/account team updated on all action plans and developments during the resolution process.
- Delivers timely solutions to customer issues and meets the defined SLAs for response and resolution time and other performance metrics are met /exceeded.
- Collaboration with other cross-functional groups – i.e. L2, L3, Labs , Call Management, Resource control to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Participate/prepare Post Incident Reviews with ASM/Account Team as required.
- Aptitude towards problem-solving and Troubleshooting skills on Tape Libraries, Library Management software, SAN connectivity, backup software etc., including log analysis
Education and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech or Master's Degree in Technical Discipline
- Experience of 1-3 years
- Possession of professional certification mandatory: A+, Server+
- Possession of professional certification within a technical field e.g: MCSE, CCNA etc. will be preferred
- Provided or led in technical support of an IT environment preferably with experience in supporting servers/networking.