Experience: 5- 12 years
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of multiple distributed applications.
- Translate high-level business requirements on multiple, complex requests into detailed functional, technical, and system specifications.
- Test software designs and solutions (including debugging and troubleshooting).
- Provide assistance and guidance during the QA & UAT testing phases to ensure test cases are appropriate and determine the root cause and best resolution of escalated issues.
- Work with the data management team and data providers to communicate and define any data and reporting requirements.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in developing applications including Java.
- Experience in Spring, Flex, JSP, Servlets,
- Experience in Services and interfaces - SOAP, RESTful services
- Solid understanding of Sybase, DB2, and/or other DBMS.
- Solid understanding of Directory Technology - LDAP.
- Experience with writing SQL to perform data querying and analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions, and different roles.
- Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations/individuals gracefully.
- Financial services knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in GIT, perforce, or other source control systems preferred.
- Experience in MQ services preferred.