Experience Level: 5 To 7 Years
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop, test, maintain, and optimize database components, schema, stored procedures, scripts, views, triggers.
- Participate in analysis and design activities with application development teams.
- Execute data engineering activities
- Undertake performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Perform remediation of database hygiene issues
- Document technical requirements, specifications, and solutions
- Collaborate in troubleshooting and incident resolution activities
- Contribute to the improvement of the team score skills and the development of best practices and standards.
Skills Required (Must have):
- The candidate must possess a strong technology background with advanced knowledge of Java and Java-based technology stack.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Software, or related field of study
- 5+ years of hands-on experience
- Strong SQL programming skills
- Strong hands-on experience with DB2
- Experience with enterprise-scale, real-time, highly accessed transactional databases
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under time and resource constraints and find simple and effective solutions
- Motivated to expand technical and business knowledge
- Planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Good to have skills
- Understanding of DB2 replication
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting, python scripting