Location- Anywhere from India (Remote)
Experience: 4-6 yrs
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or equivalent education/experience required.
Purpose of Position:
- This job is responsible for designing, developing/configuring, unit testing, debugging and troubleshooting relatively complex software or enhancements to software, related to the implementation of company software products.
- Where required by the project, may also be responsible for supporting delivery and installation of software at customer premises.
- In a team or independently, codes or configures software functionality according to functional specifications as to the agreed schedule.
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly.
- Coordinates issues, updates and fixes with the project team.
- Supports system and solution integration testing, user acceptance testing and provides timely resolutions to problems encountered.
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality procedures.
- Resolves assigned tickets and communicates with clients on issues. Regularly consults the senior members of the team and architects on issues
- Contributes to the functional specifications and detailed design documents.
- Assists in Release Management, Configuration Management, Build Management, Stream Management and Ticket Management as required
- Mentors less experienced staff and consults with peers
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with project team leaders and members.
- 4 years of programming or software development experience
- Experience with multi-user software applications in high demand, high availability environment
- Knowledge of one or more relevant programming languages, typically C, C++, Perl, Java, SQL, XML
- Broad understanding of UNIX operating environment.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end real-time integration
- Customer Management Domain knowledge, e.g., PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Multi-tiered, relational database architectures with UNIX, Oracle and Windows as the primary operating environments.
- Knowledge of middleware technologies, e.g., Tuxedo
- Awareness of industry standards such as TMForum
- Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFE or Kanban
- Telecommunications industry experience and/or related product knowledge, e.g., billing, mediation, provisioning, settlement