Experience required: 2+ Yrs
Salary: 4-8 LPA
NP -max 30 days
About the role / Description:
Cognos Administration is a central management interface that contains the administrative tasks for Cognos BI. Administrators for IBM Cognos environments are able to control user access to objects such as reports, packages, and data sources, as well as access to functionality within the application. It provides easy access to the overall management of the IBM Cognos environment and is accessible through Cognos Connection. Users can access current activities, past activities, upcoming activities, and schedules on the Status tab in IBM Cognos Administration to monitor the server activities and manage schedules. You can use the scheduling capability to grant access to the scheduling functionality independently from the monitoring functionality.
Skills and Requirement: Admin, Cognos, BI reporting
- Installation and configuration of Cognos Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Workspace, Workspace Advanced, Insight, and other analysis tools such as Cognos Transform, Dynamic Cubes, etc.
- Support all Cognos configuration requirements used by Cognos, creating new Cognos security roles, and setting up new user security and reporting interfaces for users.
- Maintain Security via LDAP and Cognos Administration, in assigning roles to the user groups and Folder Structure in Cognos.
- Resolve Administration issues and Implementation of Security through LDAP, Access Manager, Cognos Connection Roles and in Framework manager at an object and Package level
- Troubleshoot issues with existing reports and cubes, administer application access directory and process requests for new accounts.
- Expertise in creation & maintenance of catalogues, which involves defining security, model, joins, governor settings, and client-server balancing.
- Cognos Implementations include environment, reporting design, and support, monitoring and tuning queries and data loads
- Installing new Cognos components, and managing Cognos issues.
- Creating, enhancing, and maintaining Framework Manager models to support business requirements.
- Working with business users to design and develop Cognos BI reports using Report Studio with data drill-down and slice-and-dice options.
- Ability to work directly with business users and understand the reporting requirements and modify existing custom reports.
- Build and enhance reports of varying complexity using Cognos Analytics Maintain and expand upon Framework Manager Models - publishing packages used by report studio & query studio.
- Experience in Cognos Report development including Framework Manager, Cognos Analytics Report Studio, Query Studio in nested lists, dimensional functions, Master-Detail relationships, parameters
- Must have experience in Cognos Report development including List, Chart, Active Reports and Dashboards
- Must have working experience in Cognos Analytics 11.1 or higher version.
- Must have good communication skills to directly work with clients. Must have good analytical skills to design and understand custom reports
Benefits and About NetConnect Global:
WHO WE ARE DRIVES WHAT WE DO!
We Don't build the organization; we create an everlasting family. Our people express a sense of winning together when times are good—and sticking together when times are tough.
Are you a Doer or Achiever?
Well, at NCG, our doors are Open for Doers and Achievers alike. We are a Cult where we create, innovate, learn and Contribute in a comfortable, transparent, and fair environment.
Joining NCG means contributing to a shared ambition for reliable work culture, tackling extraordinary technological challenges in multicultural teams, preserving your work/life balance, and more!